Disneyland is more commonly known as “the happiest place on earth,” where all of our favorite characters from childhood come to life. Everything is bright, adorable and made to feel like a dream come true. (It”s also stupidly expensive, but who can put a price on happiness anyway?)
If a dream is a wish your heart makes, these vintage photos from the Disneyland of yesteryear are the nightmares your body runs away from. Looks like it was a creepy world after all! Yikes.
1. Did their faces NEED to be nightmarish and ceramic?
2. I wish someone would save Alice from Mickey…
3. The Mad Hatter is mad. Very, very mad.
4. Someone needs to explain the bloodshot, murderous eyes.
5. Eeyore”s walk of shame.
6. Who”s scarier, Tick Tock or Peter Pan?
7. Pinocchio can see into your soul. And will eat it.
8. Why do the pigs look shifty?
9. RUN CHILDREN. RUN, NOW.
10. Don”t listen to his evil secrets, child.
11. … giant faces. They are giant, walking faces.
13. As it turns out… giant, naked pigs are frightening.
14. This is what Disney crime scene photos look like.
15. Giant, stoned animals aren”t child-friendly.
16. This just keeps getting worse.
18. I”ve never been so frightened of Winnie The Pooh.
19. They aren”t blushing, their cheeks are covered in blood.
20. P.S., this giant bug wants to eat your babies.
21. It”s the giant hole in Baloo”s neck that”s the creepy part.
22. Giant pigs are NOT adorable. Are NOT.
23. Noooooooo! Why aren”t those kids afraid?!
24. I”m not so sure he is looking that innocent…
(via Mental Floss.)
“The happiest place on earth?” That must”ve been evil Disney propaganda.
Share these Creepyland photos with others… and appreciate the fact you never have to see giant, pantless pigs yourself.