You might be living in Punjab, traveled all around the districts but you still never know enough, #LearnWithShughal takes you into the deepest details of your beloved province and increases your general knowledge by presenting absolute formidable facts. We hope it’s a learning experience!
Punjab, meaning ‘five waters’, is the most populous province of Pakistan with approximately 56% of the country’s total population, it has an area of 79,284 square miles (205,345 square km) and a population of exceeding 82 million.
1. Punjab has the highest literacy rate in Pakistan – Parha likha Punjab
2. Punjab has an official count of 940 family welfare centers – The most in Pakistan
3. In Lahore, the population ratio of females is 10% more than males
4. Faisalabad has the maximum production of the Sugarcane crop (Ganna)
5. The center of the Gandhara Civilization was found in Taxila, Punjab
6. Punjab has 9 police ranges, 36 districts, 121 Tehsils & sub-divisions
7. 89% of Punjab’s cultivated area is irrigated, making it a farmer’s paradise
8. Punjab caters to over 8 REGIONAL languages
9. Punjab handsomely contributes to 50-60% of Pakistan’s economy
10. The home of Sufism – Punjab gave birth to the best Sufi poets
11. The pictured wall of Lahore Fort is the last line of tile-work in the world
12. Punjabi is spoken as a first language by 44% of Pakistanis
13. Punjab caters the most colorful culture all over Pakistan
So, to sum it up, basically, Punjab is the HEART of Pakistan and we are proud of it. Keep following our Facebook page and #LearnWithShughal